The secret to a lower score is a solid short game, but mastering this area of the game can be very frustrating. If this describes your short game play then this is the course for you!
Covering all aspects and shots required to cut your score around the green, we will give you a comprehensive understanding and the knowledge to play with confidence all the necessary shots that you require to improve your skill and reduce your score.
What does the ‘Art of the Short Game’ course cover?
Session 1 (Putting):
- To fully understand putting set up and stroke mechanics.
- To learn the art of reading greens like tour pros and caddies.
- Basic putter fitting and loft and lie adjustment to suit stroke mechanics.
Session 2 (Chip & Run):
- Understand and perform the fundamentals of the chipping set up.
- How to regularly perform the correct impact whilst chipping and understanding the ‘angle of approach’ of clubhead into the ball.
- Selecting the correct shot and club type around the greens including percentage play.
Session 3 (Pitching):
- Understand and perform the fundamentals of the Pitching set up.
- How to regularly perform the correct impact whilst pitching and understanding the ‘angle of approach’ of clubhead into the ball.
- Introduction to the mechanics behind performing the ‘lob shot’.
- Assessment of wedges and loft & lie adjustment where necessary.
Session 4 (Greenside Bunker):
- Understand and perform the basic greenside bunker ‘splash shot’ set-up and swing, with the variations/adaptations for poor lies.
- Learn how to play from plugged lies, shots from bunkers with varying depths of sand.
- Choose the right club for the shot, understand the importance of bounce.
Session 5 (Taking it to the course):
- Understand when and how to apply different shots on the course.
- Club selection from poor lies, shot choice.
- Reading greens, understanding how the ball will react on slow/fast greens, slopes.
Cost: 5 x 90 Minute Short Game Specific Lessons - £150.00
INCLUDES SGGA PRACTICE MEMBERSHIP FOR 5 WEEKS
|Tuesday 31st July – Tuesday 28th August||6:30-8pm||Click here|
|Wednesday 1st August – Wednesday 29th August||6:30-8pm||Click here|